Set the task assignee depending on parameters of the parent workflow task/doc
Setting the task assignee depending on the priority of the parent workflow task/document.
To set the assignee of the child task depending on the priority of the parent item, take the previous example and substitute the functions of subtraction with the identifiers of required users.
Perform the following steps to specify the assignee of a task:
1. Open a workspace, open a workflow app inside a worksapce.
2. Click Workflow and double click a required step.
3. In the window that appears, in the Actions group click Responsible Persons.
4. Select the Assign tasks and pre-populate task fields check box and expand Task Settings.
5. Set the following rule for assignee:
IF ($parent->Priority == ID(“Priority.values.Low”),
If ($parent->Priority == ID(“Priority.values.Medium”),
To check how it works, create a new workflow task and move it through workflow. On the required step the child task will be created and its assignee will be set according to the predefined rule.
Setting the task assignee depending on an item field of the ‘User’ type.
If you want to set a responsible person on a particular workflow step for a workflow task and want this person to be automatically specified as a task assignee on certain subsequent steps, you can use this example.
Do the following to configure the rule:
1. Open a workspace, open a workflow app inside a workspace, click Workflow.
2. To be able to set a responsible person for a workflow task you should create a new field of the User type in the workflow app or use the existing one if any. For example, the Responsible field (ID: Responsible).
3. Go to Workflow. Make this field mandatory on the required step.
Type the following expression in the Assignee field of each task you want to be assigned to the responsible person:
Use the following expression for a subtask assignee:
To check how it works, create a new workflow task and move it through workflow. On the required step you will be prompted to select a responsible person from the list of available users.
Selected user will be automatically specified as a task or subtask assignee on the required subsequent steps.