Restoring Data From a Backup
Restoring Comindware backups is performed from the Comindware.DbRestore.exe command-line utility located in the Comindware installation folder. The default path to the utility is C:/Program Files (x86)/Comindware/Products/Site/bin/.
To restore a Comindware backup:
1. Stop the Comindware Products application pool if Comindware Tracker is installed as an IIS web site, or stop the Comindware Products service if Comindware Tracker is installed as a service.
2. Run the ComindwareDbRestore.exe command-line utility with administrator rights:
- Click on the Windows Start button.
- In the Start Search box, type in “Cmd” (without quotes).
- Right click on the Command Prompt in the resulting search list.
- In the right click menu, click on the “Run as Administrator” menu item.
- Type-in the path to the Comindware.DbRestore.exe command-line utility (with double quotes):
""C:/Program Files (x86)/Comindware/Products/Site/bin/Comindware.DbRestore.exe""
3. Go to the command-line utility and choose an action:
- To list existing backups, type-in the following command (without the ""< "" and "">"" symbols):
""C:/Program Files (x86)/Comindware/Products/Site/bin/Comindware.DbRestore.exe"" list <path_to_backup_location>""
- To restore a backup, type-in the command (without the ""< "" and "">"" symbols):
""C:/Program Files (x86)/Comindware/Products/Site/bin/Comindware.DbRestore.exe"" restore <path_to_backup_location> <path_to_target_location>""
4. Start the Comindware Products application pool or the Comindware Products service.
The default path to a backup location is:
C:\ProgramData\Comindware\Database\Backup\. You can always find out the path to the backup location and the list of available backups in the Administration > Backup Management area.
The default path to the Comindware database is: