Manual activation of product keys in the installable (on-premise) version of Comindware Tracker
If you have installed Comindware Tracker on your system and need to activate your product keys but you don’t have Internet connection on your server you can use the Manual Activation method.
Before activating you must go to your account and obtain keys available to you on your subcription page.
1. On the browser where you are attempting to activate the licenses, click «Manual Activation» (See circled in red below);
2. Enter the keys you were provided into the «Add product Key» area:
3. Click on the «Obtain File» button. This will save the key into a txt file (ActivationRequest.txt). Save or copy this file into a file share.
4. On another computer that has Internet access, go to https://support.comindware.com/. Enter «Subscriptions» and double-click on your active on-premise subscription.
5. In the «Keys» area go to «Keys activation». Upload your file to the «Request file» area. And click on the «Send request» and «Get response» buttons. This will allow you to obtain another txt file whose default name is «ActivationResponse.txt».
6. Save this file to the same file share.
7. Go back to the manual activation screen, click on «Upload» and attach the file you saved in step 6.
8. Click on «Activate».
9. Once activated, you should be able to remove «/Home/ActivationFirst» from the URL presented on your server. As an example:
- My example activation screen URL was: http://demo-win7:8081/Home/ActivationFirst
- My home screen URL is now: http://demo-win7:8081
10. At this time, if you are logging in to the system for the first time it is recommended to create an «Administrator» user, provide a password and an email.
After that open your Comindware Tracker, go to «Administration» > «License Manager» and assign a license to your administrator account.
See more: Assigning Licenses to Users.