Enabling Single Sign-On in Comindware Tracker Installed as a Service
To configure the single sign-on feature, you will need to change the settings in the web.config file located in the product installation folder. Please note that after each update of Comindware Tracker the web.config file will be overwritten with the new one. You will need to back up the configured web.config file before the update and restore it when the update is finished.
To enable single sign-on:
1. Open the Web.config file in a text editor such as Notepad. By default the Web.config file is located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Comindware\Products\Site\Web.config.
2. Find the following line in the file:
3. Change the authentication mode from None to Windows:
<!-- To enable SSO set Windows mode instead of None -->
4. Uncomment the following code:
<!-- Uncomment to enable SSO -->
<anonymousAuthentication enabled=""true"" />
<windowsAuthentication enabled=""true"" />
<remove users=""*"" roles="""" verbs="""" />
<add accessType=""Allow"" users=""*"" />
<add accessType=""Deny"" users=""?"" />
5. Save the Web.config file.
If you want to use single sign-on for the Comindware Tasks for Outlook add-in, first complete the steps described above, and then do the following:
1. Restart the Comindware Products service.
2. Run Comindware.Platform.Server.exe as domain controller administrator.
3. Enter the -createSSO key and the machine's full domain name, including the port number. For example, Comindware.Platform.Server.exe -createSSO http://tracker.corp.mycompany.com:8081. This adds an entry to the Active Directory.
4. Install the Comindware Tasks for Outlook add-in.
5. Run Microsoft Outlook (version 2007 or above). In 5 to 50 seconds, the add-in will automatically download the required settings.
To remove the Active Directory entry:
1. Run Comindware.Platform.Server.exe as domain controller administrator.
2. Enter the -removeSSO key and the machine's full domain name, including the port number. For example, Comindware.Platform.Server.exe -createSSO http://tracker.corp.mycompany.com:8081.