Automatic Time-Based Transitions
You can configure your workflow tasks to be automatically moved to the next workflow step. This may be useful in the following situations:
- if a document needs to be to be commented on by workflow participants. If there are no comments in the specified period of time, a workflow task moves automatically to the next workflow step.
- to automatically escalate workflow tasks that were not resolved on time. You can set a value, indicating how much idle time should elapse before Comindware Tracker automatically moves a work item to the appropriate step.
- if you have support cases which should be moved to the End step automatically.
You can configure an automatic transition to the next step on a given weekday and time, or using the formula written in the Comindware Expression language.
To configure an automatic transition:
1. Double click the required step and click the Time-based transition tab.
2. Select the Enable auto-transition based on a time event check box.
3. If you want the transition to be performed automatically after a specified period of time, select the Move item to next step when step duration exceeds this timeout option and enter the period length.
Click the Use the Comindware Expression language rule to calculate duration time if you want to configure an automatic transition to the next step using the formula written in the Comindware Expression language. Comindware Expression language How To.