You can migrate existing data from other issue trackers or databases to Comindware Tracker. Data migration is accomplished through a CSV (comma-separated value) or Excel type file. You can also update existing items or documents in a particular Comindware Tracker application with new data from a CSV or Excel file.
- Quick migration process of all data from previous issue tracking system;
- Seamless migration: nothing will be lost or forgotten;
- Bulk update of existing Comindware Tracker tasks and documents with new fields.
How it works
You have created one or more CSV or Excel files that contain data from your previous issue tracking system.
You add the CSV or Excel file to Comindware Tracker and map CSV or Excel file fields to Comindware Tracker application fields.
If you need to add a new field to existing items or documents in an app, you also map an existing Comindware Tracker field to a new field. A Comindware Tracker field should be created beforehand.
Migration from your previous issue tracking system to Comindware Tracker.
Who can perform CSV Import
- Comindware Tracker Full license added (for on-premises software version)
- Users and user groups created
- Product keys for Comindware Tracker Full license assigned to users
- Workspace created, workspace participants added
- Application created and configured
- CSV file containing data from another database
See also: How to Migrate Data Using Import.